Saturday, May 17, 2008
Ironing lady is a luxury I used to have on a regular basis but now I try to keep up tp date with the ironing myself. A cleaning lady was another Luxury I used to have, but I haven't had one of those for a few years now. Nobody seems to do it just right...
Tomorrow we are going to a friends vow renewal ceremony, they have been married for 10 years but they didn't have a "wedding" the first time just themselves and 2 witnesses, they figure they have endured 10 years and are still going strong that they might as well have a "PARTY". This should be a lot of fun. I will try to blog more often, I also have some progress photos of the garden to put up, as well as my first attempt at pasta making.
Have a great day and stay safe.
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Our garden is doing great, we are already eating salad greens out of it. The lettuce tastes just devine and I have had to sprinkle pepper all around to keep my 2 cats off the garden, this seems to me working, we will see. I have been telling everyone that the vegetables are already seasoned while they are growing. We should be eating Pak Choy and Chinese cabbage in the next couple of weeks. These are both growing like wildfire. We have also had a small meal of Snowpeas, they were so sweet and delicious.
Our "little" peach tree has decided to blossom, it is very confused, I think the couple of warm days that we had has made it think it is spring. It has eight lovely flowers on it. I hope this doesn't mean it's going to die. It was a Christmas pressie a couple of years ago.
I have the slowcooker on the bench bubbling away cooking dinner. The smell is devine. I'm cooking "Symple Beef Stew" or my variation of it. I found the recipe last winter in "The Symply Too Good To Be True" cookbooks. Here is the link to the web site. I use quite a few of her recipes, they are low fat, low salt and very tasty and delicious, I think they are reasonably in price as well.
I will try to take more photos so I can post them here.
Have a great evening...
Monday, May 05, 2008
I have been tagged by Tracy at Sunny Corner Farm to provide some trivia about me and some facts about me.
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
***What I was doing 10 years ago:
Ten years ago I was working as a Daycare Mum in my home and enjoying every bit of it. I suppose this was homeschooling other peoples' children while they were at work. it was a great job. I cared for 5 children under 5. Which a lot of people in blogland do except I got to send them home everyday.
Five Snacks I enjoy:
1. Cheese and biscuits
3. Anything homebaked
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
I would buy 5 acres in the bush but near enough to the sea so my DH can go fishing everyday, I think I would also help all my close friends and family become debt free.
Five jobs that I have had:
1. Deli assistant (first job out of school)
2. Checkout chick in Woolies
3. Personnel Manager Grace Bros (Myer)
4. Self employed Homebased Daycarer
5. Self employed I currently have my own Scrapbook Shop
Three of my habits:
My husband will tell you I have a flat surface problem - If there is a clear flat surface I will put something there and clutter it up. I don't think this is a problem at all...
I am a hoarder
Eating - I love food way too much
Five place I have lived:
1. Woodridge (Suburb south of Brisbane Qld) This is where I grew up.
2. Lakemba (rented here first year married) (Suburb Sydney)
3. Narwee (bought our first and only unit here) suburb of Sydney
4. Padstow Hts (our current home) suburb of Sydney.
5. Will be somewhere in the country where we can live a more simple life.
Five people I Want to Get to Know Better:
Anyone who reads this consider yourself tagged