Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I can't believe it's been 6 months since I wrote a post here. Well here I go again I will try to keep it a bit more up to date.

We have really neglected to garden in the last 9 months since I started to work full time, I just don't seem to have the time I used to have when I was nannying, I at least had Sundays to garden, now that my weekend consists of Tuesday and Wednesday, it has been a little hard to get used to. Steve also works a normal week so he doesn't have as much time on the days I'm off.

Today we started off by having a sleep in, I worked till 9.00pm last night, working in retail is a little crazy sometimes, then we did our junk mail, then it was off for a trip to Flower Power for some Mulch so we can finish mulching around the garden beds, ( we only started this little project last spring) and some soil to top up the garden beds. Then we went to Bunnings for some Seed Raising mix, it's cheaper here than at Flower Power. We also picked up some nice looking Tomato plants this will help us get a head start with the tomatoes for summer.

While we were digging around in the garden this afternoon we found this giant purple Sweet

Potato it was 2.482 kilos this is the biggest sweet potato I have ever seen and the biggest one we have ever grown, this was the only one we found today I hope this isn't the only one that has grown this season.

Today we also picked some nice broccoli it has been really yummy this year, I think it is all the rain we have had this season. Cabbage moth hasn't been around as much either.

I will try and write a bit more often.

Tracie

No comments: