Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Catch up

Was very busy in the garden this past weekend. We have planted 24 tomato plants of different varieties. Cherry Tomatoes, Roma, Morgage Lifter, this is the start of our pre spring planting. Have put in more Bok Choy as we just love it, the zucchini we put in 2 weeks ago is growing like a weed even though we are having a cold winter here in Sydney. Last week never got above 16 degrees C, I know in some parts of the world that this would be considered summer, We're not acustomed temperatures this low, not day after day anyway, in some parts of NSW it has snowed more than usual. Does this mean we are going to have a stinking hot summer? I hope not I had the heat.

Enough rambling on about the weather.

We harvested another cauliflower it was delicous, there is still some in the fridge so i might make some soup out of it.

We started to use our homemade soap yesterday, it's been about 6 weeks since I made the first batch, its so nice, I will have to get on to another batch so we won't run out. I'm going to try the Copha soap recipe that I found on Down to Earth next. It looks so easy and copha is a little cheaper than coconut oil.

Our little Kirby is growing everyday - he now weighs 2.3kg, not bad for a cat that only weighed 600g when we adopted him 4 weeks ago. He's not feeling real well today, last night he had his first kitten vaccination and it has knocked him about a bit. For Kirby not to eat he must be feeling sick. Stacy (our good friend and Vet) said he should be eating by tomorrow. All he has done all day today is lay on the bed curled up in a tiny ball, I can't even get a purr out of him which is so unlike Kirby.

Better go now and do some work.

Bye for now...

Tracie xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done for harvesting a caulie -- I've never been able to get them to grow well. How did you keep the snails out?

kate

Tracie said...

Hi Kate

I spent alot of time looking for little green grubs and squashing them on the caulis, cabbages and broccoli, the effort really pays off. We had a good harvest on all of the above.

Tracie xx

Kristin-Homemaker@Heart said...

I hope the kitty feels better soon!