Thursday, August 12, 2010

Getting ready for Spring...

Here at Our Simple Green House we are getting ready for spring. You wouldn't know it by the weather but it is only a few weeks away.

Steve has built me some new gardens to use. As we have a very large and beautiful gum tree plus a useless pool in our back yard we have to do alternative planting. We bought 4 200lt drums for $30.00 and we cut them in half to create this...
.

We have planted under the little PET bottle green houses, peas, lettuce and rocket. The rest are in the green house getting a little bigger. In the green house we have,

Our chookies are all doing well. Rosie is back to giving us 1 egg a day.

The little girls are 18 weeks old now, they are very big eaters, I give them warm
porridge, grain and weeds every day they are growing well.

Here are our other hens, I have to say my favourites are Rosie and Harry, they both have lots of personality. Rosie is the boss of the 8 chooks but I think Harry is the boss of the five new hens. I also believe that Harry and Ava will be my first layers as their cones are bigger than the others.


Well this has been quite a long post.

I have more photos to come.

Tracie

No comments: